Tuesday, December 20, 2011

I'm a Dreamer & a Believer

Common has to be one of my favorite rappers of ALL time. I had the chance to meet him at Park at the 14th in DC about a fortnight ago for his new album (The Dreamer/The Believer) listening party and as usual, I'm already hooked.



One of my friends from the University of Florida is the Lifestyles Editor at Sister 2 Sister magazine and when we randomly met at the Park she informed me that she was interviewing Common. I was like, really? Nice. And then of course, always in itp'85 mode, I asked "Where's your photographer at?" And the rest, they say is history :D.




My favorite track on the album, for now, is Blue Sky...the tight beats resonate with wise smartly articulated lyrics: "...dream light beams, night life schemes...this is my inception, I'm writing my dreams..."


The album dropped today 12.20.2011, cop it. More pictures here: itp'85

0 comments :