Saturday, January 31, 2015

#ShapingDavos in Accra - WEF Global Conversation

A few days into January and relevant conversations are already being had. Besides posting on the successful execution of projects/events I'll do my best to include #BehindTheScenes challenges and tit-bits.

My resolution for 2015 is Deeper - a deeper commitment  to things I'm already involved in but also sharing and seeking deeper understanding on the happenings in my life.

 As a member of the +Global Shapers Accra hub, we were psyched to be selected as one of the 40 (from 401 hubs) all across the globe to host a new initiative #ShapingDavos.

Shaping Davos in Accra was on 1 of 10 topics explored at +World Economic Forum "Building Trust in Public-Private Partnerships" with the newly appointed minister for PPP's Hon. Abdul-Rashid Pelpuo in attendance. Panelists included: Global Shaper +kow@kaessuman.com , +Christabel Dadzie & +Moses Baiden . It was huge learning experience for me as the project lead a big win for young African voices across the world.

Hub Curator: Deborah Ahekorah | Project Lead: Emmanuel Gamor

Engaging Discussing at La Villa Boutique Hotel

Group Picture.

The conversation was live streamed, with recording posted, by yours truly here. #ThankYouYouTubeExpertise



We also plugged in to Davos proper with our local representative from Accra & moderator for the discussion +John Armah.



John and I were trying to connect Skype at the Google Ghana office. Meh, we ended up hooking him to my phone #GoogleHangoutOnly #BehindTheScenes #ThisIsAfrica

Good friend and fellow YouTuber +Ob Abenser created a highlight video that we submitted to www.shapingdavos.org below:



Back on my new year's resolution on deeper, my lessons learnt as a project lead of a team of amazing, super starts, and getting us all together:


  • Great is never easy, it takes hard work to rise above mediocrity 
  • Together is always better than one
  • The reward is always sweetest shared

Let it marinate. I hope to learn more, give more and live deeper, even with my mistakes.



0 comments :