Monday, December 24, 2012

First TV Presenting Gig #GHone

On my bucket list presenting a show on tv is way up there and I had a chance to do so last Saturday Dec 21st at MTN's 9 lessons and Carols night concert at the Accra Conference Center in the country's capital.

Suited up. I think blue was the technical color of the day....see mic.


I had the chance to ask Samini, Kwaw Kese, DSP Sarpong, Ohemaa Mercy, Stella Dougan, Sammy Forson among others, what the highlight for 2012 was and their predictions for 2013.

Praye explaining their fashion sense "color blocking"

Stella Dougan on originality and presenting oneself in a positive light in 2013

So I would be lying if I didn't share the equally frustrating, annoying side of the evening prior to interviewing the celebrities for December 31st special on GHone.

I was told to show up at the National Theater at 6pm for "prep" before the show. Being punctual, I arrived at 5:30pm and at 6:30pm, called my project manager as he'd still not showed up with my press pass. He informed me that he was on his way. At 7:15pm I called buddy, and he informed me that he was on his way. At 8pm, idio...buddy called to tell me that he'd made a mistake.  The show we were filming at was at the Accra Conference Center and not at the National Theater *le sigh* Tampering my frustration at the lack of professionalism, utter disregard for my time I went to the the conference center to wait for the camera crew. The best part, they didn't get there until 8:45pm, at which point I felt like I'd been hazed (in a shirt and tie for two hours circa Presec prefectoral vetting days) just to present for this show.

The producer of the show did call to vehemently apologize and inform me that there was a mishap at the office and people getting locked at some point, but it definitely discouraged me from being punctual. Being early here seemed like an utter waste of time, but on principle I'd rather adhere to my habits of being professional done succumb to GMT...Ghana Man (delayed) Time. Wish me well, to maintain this habit, I'd need all the prayers and well-wishes I can get.


0 comments :